Digital privacy is more important than ever, and I recognize and respect this. As such, the only piece of personal information I’ll ever ask you for is your email address. And the only reason I should ever need it is to either send you a giveaway or to send you a newsletter.
Please note that all of my content is directed toward adults, age 18 and older. If you are under the age of 18, do not provide me with any of your personal data, including your email address.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- You can see what personal data I hold about you (if any), and ask why I’m holding it and who it could be disclosed to
- You can ask me to change or correct your personal data
- You can ask me to delete your personal data
- You can object to having your personal data processed
- You can ask me to restrict the processing of your personal data
- You can withdraw any of the consents you’ve given me regarding the processing of your personal data
- You can let me know of any concerns you have about third party use of your personal data
The only personal data I will request from you is your email address. I do this so that I can send you newsletters and offer giveaways to newsletter subscribers.
My newsletter is run through MailChimp. They take care of securing the data collected when people sign up for my newsletter. This data may include your email address, and the date and time when you opted in to my newsletter. It may also include whether you have clicked on links in specific campaigns so that I can send you appropriate follow-up information.
In addition to this, there are two required check boxes on the sign up forms where you confirm the following:
- Yes, Cassandra Chandler may send me email
- Yes, Cassandra Chandler may use my email for Giveaways
By clicking, “Subscribe to list” on my newsletter signup form, you agree that your information can be processed in accordance with all of the terms outlined on this page and on the pages of the services referenced on this page. Because my email and giveaway lists are integrated, if you do not indicate your consent for both uses by clicking on the two check boxes that confirm your consent, you will not be eligible to receive email or giveaways from me and will not be able to remain on my newsletter list.
I have always used what’s called a double opt-in system with MailChimp. This means that you have to log in to your email account and manually confirm that you’d like to receive email from me by joining my newsletter list. I don’t want anyone to be added to my list who doesn’t want to be there!
Every newsletter has a clear “unsubscribe” option at the bottom. If you want to be sure your information is deleted, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll work with MailChimp to get this taken care of.
Aside from that, I may receive your email address from contests so that I can send you giveaway prizes. I can also delete that information if you send me an email at email@example.com and ask me to do so.
Thanks for reading!
May 11, 2018
Updated May 13, 2019