How perfect!!! 😀
I am so happy about this on many, many levels. Here are some of them:
- I love Scifi. Always have. Always will.
- I love Romance. I came to that a little later in the game of life, but haven’t looked back. Never will (except to say, “Yay! I get to write Romances now!!!”).
- Gray Card is the first Scifi story I had published, and to see it recognized warms my own nerdgirl heart 🙂
- The judge specifically mentioned one of my favorite aspects of the story, i.e. that Evelyn’s room is decorated with little model planets she painted herself (there are spaceships and little clear lights strung around as well 🙂 ). I love that she picked up on that. Thank you, Anna McClain!
- As they say themselves, the SFR Galaxy Awards are about inclusiveness. Inclusiveness, people! That’s just…beautiful. And so in line with how I try to live my life.
I found new titles that I can’t wait to read among the other awards given out, and some I’ve already enjoyed—including my dear friend A.E. Ash’s Luminous. I encourage you all to check out the other titles that won, and see if any of the awards catch your eye. You might just find a new favorite book and/or author!
There’s so much more to come in The Department of Homeworld Security series. Resident Alien is coming out from Samhain Publishing in April, and the third novella should be released in November of 2016.
Never fear, that won’t be the end of these adventures. I’m starting on the next series arc this week! I hope you find them as fun and entertaining as Gray Card 😀